I’m posting this recipe so I don’t lose it. It’s one of our new favorite summer drinks, featuring Empress gin. You can substitute any good gin here. This recipe originally appeared on Empress Gin’s website or social media but for the life of me, I cannot find it again. So I’m posting it again here for my own enjoyment and future reference. We don’t own a cocktail shaker yet (surprisingly), so I use a mason jar to make this beverage.
- 1½ oz gin
- 1 oz vanilla syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz coconut milk
- 1 lime leaf for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake until chilled.
- Serve in a glass with fresh ice and a lime leaf.
- You can find lime leaves at Asian grocery stores. I keep a bunch of lime leaves in our freezer for curries.
- Vanilla syrup is just simple syrup with vanilla extract. Use a 1:1 ratio of water and sugar, and throw in a little vanilla extract
- If you don’t have a shaker, use a mason jar.