Crepes are super easy to make, and you can keep it simple or dress it up with fruit and mascarpone custard whip as we have done for this recipe here. I think I might like making crepes more than pancakes because you just throw all of the ingredients into a blender to mix. No need for any crepe pans or utensils. A ladle, non-stick spatula/turner, and a regular shallow non-stick frying pan will do for making crepes.
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour (120 grams)
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- icing sugar for garnish
- whipped cream or mascarpone custard for garnish
- Combine everything into a blender and mix for until well combined. 30 seconds to a minute should do it. If time permits, let rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add enough butter to coat the pan. Use a soup ladle and pour batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly.
- Cook crepe for about 30 seconds and then flip. You will be able to tell from the top when it's ready to turn over. Alternatively, you can lift the crepe a bit to see if it's brown enough to flip.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with fruit and whip. Or make a batch of my mascarpone custard whip!
There are a ton of ways to serve crepes, but I really like sprucing them up with my mascarpone custard!