Here’s a fun holiday cookie recipe, double chocolate peppermint cookies! I love baking these. Super easy to make, and the candy cane adds a nice crunch and texture to these cookies. I made these for the first time last year and gave them away to friends and neighbors. I wish I could do the same, but 2020 has its own plans. Nonetheless, these cookies are still super yummy and have a fun holiday twist to them!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- kitchenaid mixer
- ice cream / cookie scoop
- ½ cup butter (~113 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cup flour (~200 grams)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 candy cane crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C)
- Cream the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until fluffy and incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Use the ice cream / cookie scoop and form the dough into small balls (heaping 1 Tbsp or ~53 grams)
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be dry, and the middles are slightly molten.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to rest until cooled.
- (Optional) Dependign on the consistency of your dough, you can chill it in the freezer while the oven heats, or as you're baking each batch.