We fell in love with Portland sometime in 2009. When I was living in Vancouver, a bunch of friends and I ventured down to Portland for a weekend trip, and then became a regular destination for us. It was one of our favorite places to hop down to for any length of time because of the things we liked to do down there. Then we became Season Ticket Holders to the Portland Trailblazers, so we visited a lot. Here’s a list of all our favorite haunts in Portland Oregon.
- Courtyard by Marriott – it’s downtown and central to lots of things. This was our favorite hotel and pet-friendly!
- Ox – Argentine steak restaurant, it’s so good we made a whole blog post outlining one of our visits
- Gravy – for brunch, make sure to get the biscuits and gravy!
- Screen Door – for chicken and waffles, and their bloody marys
- Tasty and Alder – brunch or dinner
- Portland City Grill – happy hours or dinner
- Pok Pok – Thai fusion
- Boxer Ramen
- Mother’s – brunch
- Apizza Scholls – for amazing Italian style pizza!
- Salt and Straw – they started in Portland, and are everywhere in the US now!
- Voodoo and Blue Star – for donuts… yes, Voodoo is touristy, but definitely go at least once.
- Check out a Trailblazers game, obviously 🙂
- Browse Powell’s City of Books – the largest independent and used book store in the world
- Eat!! There’s constantly new places popping up
- Portland International Rose Test Garden – there are 10s of thousands of roses and so many varieties.
- Check out the Nike employee store
- Check out the shopping district on NW 23rd Ave
- Do a beer tour! Portland has so many microbreweries