We’ve decided to call this Meach Pint Smash at our house. It’s an easy summer sipper and it also makes a great mocktail. Peaches are in season, and I’ve been growing mint in my garden. It was a perfect match for this beverage. I picked up some Fever-Tree ginger beer to try a while back, and it was a really good addition to this beverage.
Peach Mint Smash
- drink glass
- stainless steel or silicone straw
- 1.5 oz bourbon whiskey
- 0.5 oz Demerara Syrup
- Peach slices
- Mint leaves
- Ginger beer
- Carbonated water
- Add some peach into a glass and muddle. Add mint leaves and muddle gently. Overdoing it with the mint causes it to become bitter.
- Add bourbon whiskey and Demerara syrup.
- Fill glass with ice. Fill glass 3/4 of the way up with ginger beer. Top with carbonated water.
- Omit the bourbon whiskey to make a great mocktail
- Demerara Syrup is easy to make from scratch. Use a 1:1 ratio for Demerara brown sugar to hot water. Personally, I like my ratio 2:1 sugar to water and will make a batch of simple syrup with 6 tablespoons of sugar to 3 tablespoons of water.