Leeks are my new favorite vegetable! I am a little embarrassed to learn that leeks are in the onion family. I remember a million years ago for a junior high project, I was drawing a scene and had to draw a leek. I drew a circular blob (which isn’t far off considering leeks are in the onion family). When I showed my mom, she laughed because it wasn’t an accurate representation of a leek, and helped me redraw the picture to be more accurate. Anyway, leeks are beyond delicious. Enjoy this recipe!
Potato Leek Soup
- Dutch Oven
- Air fryer
- Immersion blender (optional)
- 1 carrot medium
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 leeks
- ½ white onion
- 400 g russet potatoes
- 1 L chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Chop the onion, and fry in butter and olive oil for a few minutes.
- Thoroughly wash and clean the leeks. It helps to cut them legthwise and rinse with water. Cut the leeks between its green and white bits. Chop up the white section, spray with olive oil, and pop into the air fryer on 350 for 15 minutes. Add carrots too.
- Chop all of the ingredients into small cubes.
- Add all ingredients into dutch oven. Add chicken stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with air-fried turkey meatballs and side salad. Enjoy!
- Option: Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients into a uniformly textured soup. I opted to keep it rustic.