This is a super easy and cute way to eat corn. We were in the process of eating everything we possibly could from the fridge and freezer. The compressor had gone on our new fridge, and this frozen corn is always something we keep on hand. I saw something on an Instagram Story that gave me the idea for these cheesy corn fritters. I didn’t get a chance to bookmark it in any way because I got distracted and basically winged this dish with a basic idea of the ingredients. Overall, I’m extremely happy with how they turned out and will be adding these into regular rotation. Fresh or frozen, this is a good way to eat a ton of corn!
We love corn and always try to keep a bag in our freezer. This batch was made with Peaches and Cream corn, but any type of corn will do. And this recipe will also work well with fresh corn!
- cast iron pan
- medium mixing bowl
- mixing spatula
- turning spatula
- ice cream/cookie dough scooper
- 1 cup Peaches and Cream corn , any corn will do
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Parmesean flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ jalapeno, chopped
- black pepper for seasoning
- ½ cup oil, for frying
- Make sure the corn is as dry as can be. Use a colander to drain any excess water. Squeeze the kernels to help drain them.
- Put the corn in a mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up a cast iron pan with a good layer of oil for frying.
- Use your hands or an ice cream/cookie dough scooper to form a fritters into sizes of your choosing.
- Gently place fritters into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side. Look for that golden brown color before flipping.